Having taken part in several T-SQL Tuesday’s I decided I would finally put my name in to host one. I figured it would be a good way to lose my sanity learn some great ideas from this wonderful SQL community. I figured that since many of you out there set a goal this year to blog more and to learn Powershell then this Topic should help in both of those goals. So the topic I have chosen for this month is Automation! It can be Automation with T-SQL or with Powershell or a mix of both. Give us your best tips/tricks and ideas for making our lives easier through Automation. Now here are all the details you’ll need for a successful T-SQL Tuesday post!
“Each month a blog will host the party, and about a week before the second Tuesday of the month a theme will be posted. Any blogger that wishes to participate is invited to write a post on the chosen topic. The event is called “T-SQL Tuesday”, but any post that is related to both SQL Server and the theme is fair game. So feel free to post about SSIS, SSRS, Java integration, or whatever other technologies you’re working with in conjunction with SQL Server. Even if your post includes no T-SQL we still want to see it.”
1. Your post must go live between 00:00:00 GMT on Tuesday the 8th of February and 00:00:00 GMT on Wednesday the 9th.
2. Your blog post has to link back to the hosting blog and the link must be anchored from the logo (the blue one shown at the top of this post) which must also appear at the top of the post.
3. If trackbacks won’t work properly then please leave a comment below so that your post is accounted for in the roundup.
1. Advertise! Include a reference to T-SQL Tuesday in the title of your post.
2. Tweet! Use the hash tag #TSQL2sDay to follow links and other relevant conversations.
3. Host! Consider hosting T-SQL Tuesday yourself. If you’re interested let Adam Machanic Know. If you’ve participated in two T-SQL Tuesdays previously and you keep up your blog (blog monthly for the last six months) then he’ll put you in the rotation.
Looking forward to reading through all the great submissions!